Back in Michigan for the first time in over 5 years, Eagle Eye Brands is extremely proud to welcome the rare and acclaimed wines of Caduceus Cellars!
Caduceus Cellars is a winery in Jerome, Arizona – in the Cochise County AVA. Founder, owner AND winemaker (and former Michigan native) Maynard James Keenan, is best known as the vocalist for Grammy Award-winning progressive metal band Tool, and A Perfect Circle. He is also comes from a family of Northern Italian winemakers. While the winery is named after “Caduceus”, an ancient symbol for commerce and staff of the Greek god Hermes, the vineyard is named “Merkin” Vineyards, is named after……well…….maybe you should Google that one for yourself! 😉
Keenan is quick to point out that this is NOT another celebrity wine project . In fact Keenan was previously partnered in the mid 2000’s on another project called Arizona Stronghold wines (some may recall), and certainly wants to be sure that his fans know that winemaking is now his full time job and passion. “And wines from Arizona?” you may be asking yourself. Trust us that these are serious, and well made wines! In fact even wine writers like James Suckling has talked in depth about Arizona being the next “great frontier” in U.S winemaking.
Clever names. Intense labeling. Classic grape varieties and methods. Serious wines.
We are excited to welcome Maynard James Keenan and Caduceus to the Eagle Eye Brands family! Next month he will be in town for a limited engagement event/concert at the Masonic Temple, AND wine tasting Friday November 9th. Check it out online for information, and come join us!
*Here below are the Caduceus/Merkin wines we have to offer:
- Merkin Vineyards, “Chupacabra Blanca” , Willcox, Arizona, 2017
*75% Riesling / 25% Chardonnay
- Merkin Vineyards, “Shinola Orancia” , Willcox, Arizona, 2017
*Orange wine made from Malvasia Bianca fermented on skins for 10 days!
- Merkin Vineyards, “Chupacabra”, Willcox, Arizona, 2017
*40% Syrah / 40% Grenache / 20% Mourvedre
- Merkin Vineyards, “Shinola”, Cochise County – Arizona, 2015
* 35% Sangiovese, 35% Montepulciano, 30% Refosco
- Caduceus, “Nagual de la Naga”, Cochise County – Arizona, 2014
* 70% Sangiovese, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon (my favorite!)
- Caduceus, “Anubis”, Cochise County – Arizona, 2014
* Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and a dash of Petite Sirah
Ask your sales consultant or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and availability!
*Available in Michigan only